Use case/feature request: video wall
Hi, this is not an issue per se, rather a feedback/feature request from a new user on a case which did not seem to be documented, the "video wall"/"tiled video" (?). The final video, built over several hours using flatpacked pitivi 0.999.0 on Ubuntu 16.04, is visible here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB91158ZgIw . The major points I would like to emphasize:
- I did all the layout manually, using the attached python script for cropping, size and coordinates tiling.py. Did I miss any plugin that could have helped me in the 1st place? (please don't say yes...)
- With that many videos in parallel, I had rather numerous hangings ('_async_done_not_received_cb') while trying to play the video in the viewer, with a couple of intercepted crashes. Usually, a simple restart was enough to recover for a while.
- I did not experience any project file corruption or loss, that was great, with one little exception when it seems the layer IDs got confused after manipulating the video/sound clips and some specific effects disappeared.
- It would be really handy if one could select the clip without having to 'click' on it, because there's always a risk of moving it along the timeline.
- It would also be handy if one could manipulate the layer properties (e.g. starting points, volumes, stereo) in a centralized way. Finally, the most convenient for me was often the direct edition of the xges ASCII file.
- As a first-time user, I found all the effects missing minimal documentation (just like "what they are supposed to do?").
I could expand this list substantially if needed, or close this issue if you find it inappropriate. In any case, thanks for the good work!