orca is slow in large terminals
- orca version: 41.1.r15.g13cb2c19-1
- GNOME Terminal version: 3.42.2 using VTE 0.66.2 +BIDI +GNUTLS +ICU +SYSTEMD
- distribution: Arch Linux
orca slows if terminal size is large.
steps to reproduce
- open gnome terminal
- view something large. eg: journal
- increase terminal size
- try to go to the start and end of output after it's changed.
- press space to scroll screen in less
- immediately after press ens+7 and ins+9
stty size= 73 213 delay is almost invisible.
- on 127 426 it starts to be uncomfortable
- on 170 639 wich is a max for me this becomes outrageous.
what should happen
orca will fill faste on 170 639 as on 25 80
ps i know that libvte is clusterfuck in terms of a11y. so if you can't fix this I will understand and will sadly continue to use small terminals. but if you succeed... I'll be a very happy person.