- Users, designers, etc. cannot try work in progress easily to provide early feedback.
- Developers doesn't use a single environment to develop.
- Reporters doesn't have a canonical environment to test their issues before reporting.
Goals & use cases
- Everyone involved upstream should use same enviroment, like a "safe place", including non developers when they report issues.
- Developers should find easy to test all the functionality of GNOME
Endless OS comes to mind.
Proposal & plan
- Nautilus runs inside Flatpak
- All files except blacklisted directories in Flatpak can be accessed
- Plugins work
- Trash works
- Admin backend works
- Network locations work