Wayland sessions detect 4K screens (3840x2160) as only
In 2 monitor setup, both being 4k monitors:
- when 1 monitor (either one) is connected to the pc, resolution of the monitor is properly recognized
- when 2 monitors are connected, maximum of 1280x800 is recognized
Steps to reproduce:
- fresh ubuntu install
- 1st login done in wayland -> max resolution wrongly recognized to be rather low (1280x800); scaling is disabled because of that
- login to xorg -> resolution properly recognized; i could set scaling to 200%
- login to wayland -> resolution properly recognized (i.e. physical monitor resolution can now be seen in the dropdown menu), but default values for resolution (1280x800) and refresh rate (30) wrongly set; only one monitor (secondary) was usable because the primary was having wrong refresh rate -> when i set refresh rate to 60, primary monitor started to work again.
I think this problem can also be seen on booting Fedora 30. It would show that maximum resolution is 1280x800.
Ubuntu bug reported here (with system details): https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mutter/+bug/1826316