X11: inconsistent shadow of SSD vs CSD of attached modal dialogs
Arch Linux, mutter 3.30.2-2
Mutter draws default decoration server-side on X11. On Wayland default decoration are drawn by GTK such as client-side decorations. When Mutter draws server-side decoration for attached modal dialog, draws it WITHOUT shadow. But GTK always draws shadow, even when modal is attached.
There are two ways to fix this problem.
- Mutter should not hide shadow for attached modal dialogs on X11.
- Mutter should have ability (by some protocol) to ask GTK to not draw shadow.
In my opinion first solution is much better because:
- it's easier to implement it seems to me,
- sometimes "attached" modal dialog is not properly attached — for example when you try to logout with Firefox opened, Firefox shows its message dialog which is "attached" but main Firefox window is in different workspace — probably I will create new issue for it,
- it's ugly if attached modal is bigger (in one axis) than main window. Example: