Fractional Scaling Known issues and TODO
This is a list of things that needs to be tuned in when scaled framebuffers (i.e. fractional scaling) is enabled in mutter, this list doesn't include things covered already by !3 (merged).
- Toggling framebuffer scaling at runtime doesn't update all actors or state
- Improve smart detection of scaling value
- Support shipped (OEM?) default preferred scaling value per edid
- a11y mode: increase automatically the whole scaling by .25, transparent to the display settings [design needed]
- Improve cursor sprite over an unscaled window actor for screenshot/screencasting.
- Use hw cursors more often (!526)
- Window positions are limited to the logical pixel grid
- XWayland clients: support clients with native scaling in unscaled screen
GNOME Shell issues at gnome-shell#1008