Fuzzy window when switching dual HiDPI / non-HiDPI display in HiDPI mono display
Steps to reproduce
- Hardware configuration: 1 Dell XPS 15 9550 with UHD display in 200% scale mode; 1 or more (its not important) non-HiDPI display with thunderbolt to DisplayPort connection
- Extend the display to all screens in Wayland (to have the management of different resolutions on the screens)
- Open a window (for example, gnome-terminal) in the non-HiDPI external screen
- Disconnect the thunderbolt adapter to leave only the built-in UHD display
- The window (here gnome-terminal) has kept the non-HiDPI resolution of the extrene screen and is fuzzy
I'm using a Dell XPS 15 9550 laptop with a built-in 3840x2160 UHD display that works in 200% scaling mode in gnome-control-center. I regularly connect two (I use one for this exemple) non-HiDPI external displays in 1920x1200.
When I open a window in one of the external screens, it is correctly scaled to the scale of the non-HiDPI screen and resizes to the integrated screen if I manually move it on it (everything is perfectly clean). If I put it on the external screen and I unplug it, the window is replaced by itself (no manual intervention) on my integrated screen by rescaling it only in height and width but not in resolution. She appears blurry.
Sometimes, when moving windows, those that are fuzzy re-become sharp but sometimes they do not.
This behavior is 100% reproducible by following the given operating mode (it is not a random bug).
Debian Sid with Gnome 3.30.2, french, Nvidia driver, Bumblebee configured. Ask if you want me to do other manipulations.
thanks for all you've done.