After applying settings in Displays module, the behaviors of "Keep changes" and "Revert settings" are swapped
- Product: gnome-control-center 3.30+ (master, built using jhbuild)
- Distribution: Fedora 28
- How reproducible: always
- Type: regression (compared to 3.28)
After applying new display settings from the Displays module (e.g. changing orientation or resolution), the user is prompted to either "Keep changes" or "Revert settings". On my build, the behaviors of these two options are swapped.
Steps to reproduce:
- Open GNOME Settings.
- Go to the "Displays" module.
- Change Orientation from "Landscape" to "Portrait Right".
- Click "Apply".
- When prompted whether to "Keep changes" or "Revert settings", select "Keep changes".
- Similar to 3.28.
- The screen is rotated to "Portrait Right" immediately after clicking "Apply".
- Selecting "Keep changes" does not do anything (as the screen is already rotated).
- Selecting "Revert settings" reverts to the previous settings ("Landscape").
- The screen is rotated to "Portrait Right" for a brief moment after clicking "Apply".
- The screen then rotates back to "Landscape".
- The prompt is displayed: selecting "Keep changes" leaves the screen in "Landscape" mode.
- Selecting "Revert settings" reverts to "Portrait Right".
I have attached a screencast below showing the issue. The video is corrupted whenever the screen is in "Portrait Right" mode, but this should already give you an idea of what is happening.
I remain at your disposal should you need further information.