Autorotation does not work as expected when logging out back to GDM
On tablet / 2-in-1 devices with autorotation enabled (using accelerometers), logging out to GDM after a session where the screen rotation was changed results in the wrong orientation: instead of using the last orientation (from before logging out), it restores the second-to-last orientation.
I am tentatively reporting this issue against mutter. If you think this is not the right component, please move it to the relevant one. Thanks!
- Product: mutter 3.28.3, 3.30+ (master)
- Distribution: Fedora 28
- How reproducible: always
Steps to reproduce:
- Log into a new Gnome (Wayland) session, with the laptop screen in landscape mode.
- Physically rotate the laptop / tablet until the screen automatically rotates.
- Physically rotate back the device until the screen is back to landscape mode.
- Log out of the session, back to GDM.
- The GDM menu shows up, with landscape orientation. (Assuming the device is physically oriented in landscape mode.)
- If the device is rotated, the GDM menu rotates as well to match the device orientation.
- The GDM menu shows up, with the same orientation as chosen in step 2 above. This is usually not the correct one.
- If the device is rotated, the GDM menu correctly rotates to match its orientation. But the initial orientation is incorrect.
Let me know if I can provide you with any further information.