Gnome Shell 3.30 crashes when touching the screen/tablet using a Wacom pen
- Version: gnome-shell nightly (built on 2018-09-06 22:34)
- Distribution: Fedora 28
Steps to reproduce:
- Start a gnome-shell session under Xorg.
- With a Wacom pen, apply some pressure to click anywhere on the screen.
- Gnome Shell crashes.
- logs.txt (exported from the Gnome Logs application)
- Backtraces of two successive crashes (in order). Gnome Shell restarted by itself after the firts one, but brought me back to GDM after the second.
I tried to generate a useful backtrace using the following command:
$ gdb jhbuild/install/libexec/gnome-session-binary coredumps/core.gnome-shell.1000.840c9cc9a0f8407ea397a164a80e613c.2256.1536333389000000
thread apply all bt as suggested on the wiki, but the backtrace only contains
?? and is essentially useless. I suspect I am using the wrong binary, but I have no idea which one is correct then.
Any help on how to produce a usable backtrace would be greatly appreciated.
I still have the coredumps, but they are quite heavy. Let me know if it would be helpful to upload them.