Makefile: work around AX_REQUIRE_DEFINED problem
We check to make sure that we properly include all needed .m4 files that are used from other .m4 files we install by building a list of all references and checking to make sure those are all actually defined. This has been tripped up by this macro definition in ax_compiler_flags.m4: m4_defun([_AX_COMPILER_FLAGS_LANG], [m4_ifdef([_AX_COMPILER_FLAGS_LANG_]$1[_enabled], , [m4_define([_AX_COMPILER_FLAGS_LANG_]$1[_enabled], )dnl AX_REQUIRE_DEFINED([AX_COMPILER_FLAGS_]$1[FLAGS])])dnl ]) which tries to depend on a macro with a name calculated from its argument. Our simple regexp matching decides that AX_COMPILER_FLAGS_ is the name of the required macro here, and that is not defined anywhere, so the build fails. Update the regexp not to match macro names ending with an underscore in order to work around the issue for now. I tried to use m4 to expand the file, but it seems that it doesn't work because the invocations are protected by the [quoting] used in AC_-style macro invocations. Maybe we can find a better way to fix this in the future, but this approach works for now.
Showing with 1 addition and 1 deletion