Now that the project is nearly pure-rust cargo-c might be used to build the correct .so library directly from cargo.
Things to change in librsvg
cargo-c needs a single
with the additional(not needed anymore)
the C helper should be built within, so cc-rs in a build.rs should be used instead of linking the .o after.(no C code anymore)
- #625 (closed) - Port obsolete C stub functions to Rust
- #626 (closed) - Port the remaining C convenience functions to Rust
- #627 (closed) - Move variables from librsvg-features.c to Rust
- librsvg-oci-images#2 (closed) - install cargo-c in librsvg-oci-images
- #639 (closed) - Share test code between crates
- #640 - Merge all the crates again except tests
Things that would be nice to have in cargo-c
have a mean to override the names for the
.pcto reduce the changes needed in the codebase.
- complete the conversion to use cargo-as-library so it is possible to specify static-only or dynamic-only.
- Notify release team and gnome-build-meta
- Send out mail to distributor-list informing downstreams that cargo-c is required
(this spawned from a chat at Fosdem, I put this in the issue so we would not forget)
Edit: updated to the current state of