Do something about *.lang files central maintenance problem
Currently the "official" *.lang files are shipped by the GtkSourceView module, in the
There is a central maintenance problem:
- Once a *.lang file is accepted upstream, the original author usually disappears and I (the GtkSourceView maintainer) need to deal with bug reports, patches, etc for languages that I know nothing about.
- I cannot review in details all new *.lang files (see the list of other sources of *.lang files on this wiki page).
It would thus be nice to be able to:
- Have an easy way to let someone maintain a *.lang file:
- the sub-maintainer needs to be able to push directly any changes to his/her *.lang file.
- the sub-maintainer needs to receive bug reports or merge requests only for his/her *.lang file.
Is that easily possible with GitLab with only one git repository? Or is it needed to create a separate git repository for each *.lang file or group of related *.lang files?
See also this wiki page: https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GtkSourceView/gtksourceview-data-ideas