Scrollbars always shown when using trackpoint in ScrolledWindow
I hope this is not on purpose, in which case I would like to hear the rational behind it:
- Scrollbars are immediately shown upon touching the trackpoint and stay active unless the cursor leaves the ScrolledWindow.
- Scrollbars are immediately hidden upon touching the touchpad. They fade in when the cursor moves to the right side of the ScrolledWindow, as expected.
- This is not the case with webkit views. In those the scrollbars behave just like I would expect them to (like using the touchpad).
Here's a couple of reasons for why I think it should be changed:
- It makes lot of visual noise because it's constantly fading in/out as the cursor moves around the window.
- The bar obscures the content because it's still an overlay.
- There doesn't seem to be a reason for the difference between trackpoint navigation and touchpad.