Additional theme experimentation
Now that theme development is happening in a branch (https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/tree/wip/jimmac/adwaita-3-32), we can think about further changes we might want to make.
Things I'd like to experiment with include:
- Increasing the radius of corners, particularly on buttons
- Removing the separator that's before the window close button (although that's maybe not a theme thing?)
- Reducing the height of buttons a little, so they're not square
- Replacing borders with shadows (mostly on buttons)
- Increasing the spacing between buttons (maybe starting with header bars, assuming we can do that from the theme; probably can't)
- Removing the bottom bezel from buttons
In general this approach could be described as "flatter, rounder, borderless, more spacious". It would be interesting to think of alternative contrasting approaches we could try.