ATSPI dbus timeout after calling atspi_action_do_action
Steps to reproduce
- start any application (example from https://python-gtk-3-tutorial.readthedocs.io/en/latest/dialogs.html is fine) that display modal dialog when user press the button or activates the menu entry
- start Accerciser and navigate to the previously mentioned button
- perform click action using Accerciser (Accerciser will use atspi_action_do_action)
- modal window will be displayed while Accerciser won't allow any further actions related to this particular app
- all dbus calls using atspi against this application will result in timeouts, no further atspi calls against this application are possible until modal dialog is closed which is possible using only "normal mouse operation"
atspi_action_do_action should make asynchronous calls or should allow to specify it's behavior on each call
The workaround is to use atspi_generate_mouse_event but according to the gtk docs the AccessibleAction interface should be preferred way of generating mouse events.