In Wayland, menus close immediately upon being opened via the keyboard if their first item is a submenu
Steps to reproduce, example 1:
- Launch LibreOffice Writer
- Press Alt+F to open the file menu or Alt+O to open the Format menu
Steps to reproduce, example 2:
- Launch gedit
- Enable highlighting of misspelled words
- Place the caret in a misspelled word
- Press Shift+F10 to open the context menu
Expected results: The menu would open, and remain open.
Actual results: Nearly 100% of the time, the menu opens and then immediately closes.
- I can only reproduce this bug in a GNOME Wayland session; things work as expected for me in both in GNOME Xorg and in Plasma Wayland. I'm using Fedora 39.
- There seems to be a race condition. Every once in a while the menu stays open as expected.
- Menus whose first item is not a submenu do not have this problem.