GTK 3 macOS: Japanese keyboard schemes do not work correctly
Steps to reproduce
- Have a very basic GTK 3 app with at least one entry.
- Switch between the different japenese keyboard entries on macOS 13:
- Hiragana - Kana
- Katakana - Kana
- Hiragana - Romaji
- Katakana - Romaji
- Enter text.
- Hiragana - Kana works correctly
- Katakana - Kana does not work correctly, instead entering characters of "Hiragana - Kana"
- Both Romaji input schemes do not convert to Kana. Entering "kei" remains as "kei".
With all input schemes the correct characters are entered.
The Romaji input schemes should normally convert to Kana automatically. Example: "ケ" is obtained by typing "ke", "イ" is obtained by typing "i"
GTK 3.24.38 on macOS 13.5.1 (Intel based)
This bug does not occur with GTK 4. It seems to be exclusive to macOS.