Absolute sizes (e.g. centimeters, inches) are inaccurate with CSS
Steps to reproduce
- Download foobar.ui foobar.css in a folder
- From this folder, run
gtk4-builder-tool preview --id=foo --css=foobar.css foobar.ui
- Take a ruler and measure the width of the red border
Here the border is supposed to measure 5cm, but measuring with a ruler gives 4.5cm. Taking e.g. 2 inches has the same problem, where it measures 4.5cm instead of ~5cm.
It would be nice if it was at least a bit more accurate. I mean, if it measures 4.9cm instead of 5cm it's not a big deal but 4.5cm instead of 5cm starts to make a big different, especially since it drifts increasingly as the size grows. I do understand it's kinda hard to be very accurate, but at least not drifting too much would be nice.
- On GTK4 (latest available in the org.gnome.Sdk//master flatpak runtime), with Fedora 34
- 1600x900 screen without HiDPI
- reproducible with both Xorg and Wayland