Laggy standard popover submenu navigation animation in gtk4
Steps to reproduce
- Have a GTK4 window which has one of those menu popovers where you can click on an item and get into a sub-menu with more stuff (They look like this )
- Click on that item that causes you to go to a sub menu with more items.
- Observe low framerate and laggy animation.
The behavior is that the animation for me seams very laggy and runs at a very low framerate.
The expected outcome is that it would be a lot smoother. Like in GTK3. In GTK3 these menu things are significantly smoother than on GTK4 for me.
- Which version of GTK you are using - GTK 4.0.2 (However tried master and issue persists)
- What operating system and version - Arch Linux
- For Linux, which distribution - Arch Linux
- If you built GTK yourself, the list of options used to configure the build - Just the defaults I guess.