[WIN32] Print positioning does not work in GIMP 2.6.3
Submitted by Randy Thomson
Please describe the problem: While resolution to 522911 allows printing, and print scaling works properly in GIMP 2.6.3, all information is printed to the upper left had corner of the page, independent of the left/right and top/bottom position settings. The screen image appears correctly in the Preview Panel, but does not output correctly to the print device, be it a physical printer or a virtual printer such as Adobe PDF.
Confirmed with Windows XP SP3 Build 2600, using HP OfficeJet 7200 and with Adobe PDF printer. Confirmed proper operation with other applications (e.g. Photoshop).
Steps to reproduce:
- In GIMP 2.6.3 load or create an image.
- Select File > Print, and select the Image Settings tab
- Scale the image to a size smaller than full width and height of the page.
- Change position so that the image is not at the upper left margin of the page.
- Select Print
- Image is properly positioned in the Preview page.
- Resulting output is positioned to the upper left of the physical (or virtual) media.
Expected results: Image is printed at the same position as shown in the Preview panel.
Does this happen every time? Yes.
Other information: Ref. previous bug report 522911 which (almost) fixed printing in Windows.