First character entered in Search ignores preferred layout (non latin) for gnome-control-center, nautilus & gnome-software
Steps to reproduce
- Do successful anaconda installation in your preferred LANG
- Post login, launch 'gnome-control-center' or 'nautilus' or 'gnome-software'
- Select desired keyboard layout (non en_US, i am using ja_JP kana kanji layout) and input search term (eg : "help")
- If we directly started typing without clicking on search option/button issue is reproducible.
- When we click on search and type issue is not reproducible.
Input first character in search text fall-back to English
Input first character in search text should happen in native LANG/locale
- Fedora 31 workstation, gtk3 = 3.24.13
- Fedora 32 workstation, gtk3 = 3.24.18
This bug was originally filled against fedora 27 workstation