Overview of Changes in GTK+ 1.1.0:
* Significant speedups to widget creation and destruction through caching
colormap and visual queries to the XServer.
* Speedups for type creation and especially gtk_type_is_a() checks.
* Speedups in signal lookup, creation and emissions and connection handling.
* Additions to the signal handling API (e.g. *_emitv).
* Minor speedups with object data allocation and destruction.
* Newly included file gtkfeatures.h which defines compatibility macros to
test for certain API features upon program compilation.
* New widget GtkCTree
* Upgrade to libtool-1.2
* Lots of bug fixes, including one that fixed a major memory leak