Various issues with gnome-software 3.30.0
I updated to Fedora 29 yesterday and have subsequently experienced quite a large number of issues with Software. This is my running list:
- Shortly into my first session, I went to updates, which was blank for a long time. Then it showed a "operation was cancelled" message. However, when I went to restart the machine, the restart dialog included the "install updates" checkbox, so I assume that updates were available.
- I tried to install a Flatpak from Flathub, to be told unable to install "as runtime "dl.flathub.org" not available"
- Then I went to install another Flatpak. the progress bar was permanently stuck and said "pending installation" (the installation completed much later, when I wasn't looking).
- Updates check visibly turns on and off by itself - #476 (closed)
- Automatic update notifications are still wrong - #432 (closed)
- The updates preferences dialog still looks bad - #424 (closed)
- The viewer switcher randomly changes width as updates are checked.
- I've had some experiences where clicking the back button doesn't do anything, and the view has been stuck on an app details page. The only way to resolve this has been to restart software.