Layout improvements to search results, installed list and updates list
Submitted by Allan Day
The main list views in Software are a bit inconsistent. They're also rather noisy, with information shown when it isn't needed, and the layouts aren't always great.
This bug is intended to track a set of changes to improve the layouts of these lists, so that they look better, are consistent, and are easier to read.
The changes include:
- Breaking up the search results and installed lists into sections, like the updates list.
- Reducing the size of the icons in the lists, and reducing the height of a lot of the rows.
- Not showing software descriptions in the installed list.
- Showing the short description in search results, rather than an extract of the long description.
- Changing codecs to use applications-multimedia-symbolic.
The relevant mockups are: