gnome-shell 3.30 is very slugglish compared to 3.28
I have just updated to 3.30 in openSUSE TW.
The shell used to be consistently slow, now it is faster in general, except for a few cases where its performance is abysmal:
- Opening the overview: it can freeze for 1 second before showing it and then I get 5 FPS at most.
- Moving windows in and out of the the screen: dragging windows inside the screen works much better than before, but when I drag a window that was partially out of the screen the shell freezes for a fraction of a second.
- Opening the calendar is very slow.
- The fading animation when logging in is very slow.
- GDM is basically unusable: my cursor jumps around instead of moving.
My hardware is an ASUS K501UW-AB78: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz 8 GB RAM