Font size is wrongly right
This is a strange report indeed, since the results are fine but IMO they should be wrong.
Let's establish some facts first:
- My screen dpi is about 115 (1366x768 w/13.5 diagonal)
- Gnome sets a default dpi of 96
- I'm not applying any scaling factor
- There is no dual screen, just my laptop screen
xrdb -query | grep dpi->
xdpyinfo | grep dots->
resolution: 96x96 dots per inch
- I'm looking at a 11pt font
So everything is as expected except for the fact that if I physically measure the font size as rendered in my screen it's almost exactly 11pt!
Now, how this could be since there is a mismatch of about 20% dpi between configured and real ones?!!
Besides, if I set the scaling factor until the reported dpi (by both xrdb and xdpyinfo) is near 115 the font looks clearly oversized.