Multiple issues in zoom (Accessibility)
LSB Version: core-11.1.0ubuntu2-noarch:printing-11.1.0ubuntu2-noarch:security-11.1.0ubuntu2-noarch Gnome Version: 3.38.4 Occurs in: Xorg and Wayland
zoom focus shifts - lets assume a window in the center of the screen and i am at 3x zoom and i try to point my mouse at something and try to click that. 90% of the time zoom focus shifts away from the mouse location to mostly top left corner of the screen.
mouse pointing away from the object - Similarly when i reach above some zoom limit sets say 4x and now lets say i am in a browser trying to click a link i point at the link cursor changes to hand and when i try to click i couldnt. So i try to zoom out and i fid that the pointer was not exactly placed on the link. To sum up when zoomed in it seems like i am pointing at a link while the cursor is actually placed away from the link
Compressing text - after reaching certain high zoom level as said 4x or 5x the content on the screen becomes a bit compressed on the sides texts and images and everything on screen becomes elongated
Steps to reproduce
- Turn on zoom from settings -> Accessibility
- Zoom in above 3.x
- Try clicking on some object inside a window
- Choose Follow mouse cursor or on screen part droopdown choose full screen.
- I have included a screenshot of my current settings. However these issues persist with all the other options under magnifier position. Such as Follow mouse cursor or magnifier cursor pushes content arround or any such option provided.
- Zoom focus shifts away from the cursor mostly towards top left of the window or the desktop.
- While zoomed in cursor seems to be placed above a link or an object but is actually placed awway either to the left or right of the object. Original position of the cursor reveals when zoomed out.
- Content on screen seems to be compressed from the sides as text and other objects appear elongated.
What did you expect to happen
Zoom in seemlessly without these issues