"Add to favorites" is listed for hidden .desktop files, but doesn't work
Initially reported to Pop!_OS.
- Pop!_OS 20.10 with Gnome Shell 3.38.1
- Reproduced on Fedora Rawhide with Gnome Shell 3.38.1
Steps to reproduce
- Install the Caja package (for instance) from
- Right click on icon, and click "add to favorites"
- Close Caja. It is no longer in the dock.
Removing the lines
/usr/share/applications/caja.desktop makes adding to the dock work.
What did you expect to happen
Either "Add to Favorites" shouldn't be shown for hidden
.desktop files (like programs with no
.desktop). Or it should work.