User Password is Visible on Logout
- Noticed in GNOME 3.36 and it's also in 3.34.
- Tested with Pop!_OS, Ubuntu, Manjaro GNOME, and Fedora.
- Tested with 19.10 with 3.34 and 20.04 with 3.36.
- Tested on baremetal and VM.
When I logout of my account, the password box from the login dialog shows again with the password still there. If when logging in, I decide to have the password visible, it is then visible for a brief moment when I logout. If the password is not visible, only the length is revealed.
Steps to reproduce
- Login using the GNOME UI (with password visible)
- For a brief moment, the password value is visible.
The password length or even the whole password are briefly visible.
What did you expect to happen
The password value should be cleared on successful login.
Relevant logs, screenshots, screencasts etc.
There is an attached video
This was discussed in the Pop!_OS community https://chat.pop-os.org/community/pl/6n339z4g13rhxgie3q39m5e66c, with support from im7ffy and technologyman101.