On-screen keyboard doesn't show alternative layouts to QWERTY
Description of problem:
When changing the input method by an alternate keyboard layout such as Dvorak or Colemak, the on-screen keyboard is kept in QWERTY or simply changes to the QWERTY version of the selected language.
- Distro: Fedora 30 beta (64 bit)
- Desktop Enviroment: GNOME
- GNOME Session: Xorg and Wayland
- DE version: 3.32.1
- GTK version: 3.24.7
Steps to Reproduce:
- Enable on-screen keyboard in the universal access panel (control center)
- Configure new language input with alternative distributions to QWERTY (Dvorak, Workman, Colemak, Norman, etc.)
- Open an application like Gedit and focus it so that the on-screen keyboard appears
- Change the input method
- Through the panel indicator
- Via keyboard shortcut
- Select it from the on-screen keyboard menu
The same QWERTY keyboard layout or an alternate version is maintained in the selected language (in cases where the language is different from English).
The on-screen keyboard displays the correct selected layout.