Extended characters in OSK don't get entered
- Open GNOME Settings > Universal Access
- Enable the Screen Keyboard. (Optionally, turn on Always Show Universal Access Menu to make turning the Screen Keyboard on and off easier.)
- Open Text Editor
- Click the u button on the Screen Keyboard
- Long-press the u button on the Screen Keyboard for a few seconds. On the popup, click the ü character.
In Step 4, u is entered in the Text Editor document.
Nothing is entered in Step 5.
This bug affects any of the "extended characters" clicked on from the long-press popup in the Screen Keyboard.
- Ubuntu 18.04
- GNOME 3.28 (some components are still at 3.27.92 here)
- mutter 3.28.0
- gtk+ 3.22.29
- Ubuntu on Wayland session (but also duplicated on the Xorg sessions and on the "vanilla" GNOME versions)
Let me know if there are any specific packages you want version numbers for.