Redesign device low battery notifications
The low battery notifications are really pretty poor:
- they repeat information (the device type, the fact that the battery is low)
- they're tedious to translate and a fair few aren't translated (see #607 (comment 1208764))
- they give "advice" that's not that helpful ("charge your device! why didn't I think of that!?", or "charge your device? it takes batteries)
- the device name isn't shown at all
- they have grammar that's not obvious to non-English speakers (non-British English speakers?): #107
The iOS notification:
- doesn't repeat information
- shows rather than reads out the battery level through an icon
- shows the device type and name to make it recognisable
We should probably have some text though, so it can be read out by screen readers, like "Sony XYZ low battery (5%)" or "Keyboard low battery".
But we don't have a way to show 2 icons, or have the notification look good with only a title and no subtitle.