Keyboard shortcuts stop functioning
Submitted by Dustin Krysak
Ubuntu Budgie 18.04 Beta 1 gnome-settings-daemon 3.28.0-0ubuntu1 amd64
Good day, I'm having an issue where some keyboard shortcuts will just stop functioning.
- Some of these are custom defined, some are defaults.
- While some will not function, others will (both custom and system).
- I suspect it is after the system had suspended (but not confirmed).
- ps aux | grep settings shows that keyboard, etc are still running
dustin 4740 0.0 0.0 274868 5840 ? Sl 08:29 0:00 /usr/lib/gnome-settings-daemon/gsd-keyboard
- Post reboot things will operate for a time until I notice that the keyboard shortcuts no longer function.
- Poking around in syslog
cat syslog | grep keyboard Mar 15 15:30:32 bashfulrobot dbus-daemon: [system] Activating via systemd: service name='org.freedesktop.hostname1' unit='dbus-org.freedesktop.hostname1.service' requested by ':1.119' (uid=1000 pid=11141 comm="gnome-control-center keyboard " label="unconfined") Mar 15 15:48:50 bashfulrobot dbus-daemon: [system] Activating via systemd: service name='org.freedesktop.locale1' unit='dbus-org.freedesktop.locale1.service' requested by ':1.135' (uid=1000 pid=5844 comm="/usr/lib/gnome-settings-daemon/gsd-keyboard " label="unconfined")
- Seems to be nothing mind-blowing there.
I'm not super familiar with GSD, so please let me know what additional info you may need.