Monitor settings are not preserved
Submitted by ax4..@..gmx.de
I noticed that monitor settings (specifically alignment) is not preserved. To reproduce the issue use a laptop with built-in display and perform the following steps:
- Attach a monitor to the laptop (in my case a 4k monitor via DP, the problem might be specific to either DP or 4k or both).
- Open up the control center, go to the display settings, join the displays and align them in a nonstandard configuration.
- Lock down the device using Meta+L shortcut
- Wait for the monitors to power down (this should take a couple of seconds)
- Hit a key to power up the monitors.
Expected result: The monitors are still joined, the alignment is preserved
Actual result: Only the primary monitor powers up (the other one does not receive a signal). The desktop goes back to a single monitor setup.
The same problem occurs when disconnecting and reconnecting an external monitor.