[Wayland] Taking a screenshot of the application window results in an empty area
Steps to reproduce:
- have a GNOME/Wayland session
- start gnome-maps
- take a screenshot of the window only (by using Alt+PrtScr)
- have a look at the screenshot
What should happen: It should show the map content. This does work fine if getting a screenshot of the whole window (only pressing PrtScr)
- On previous versions of GNOME, when the zoom controls where an overlay to the map, the zoom controls would be shown in the screenshot.
- Popover menus (e.g. when getting information for a location) are not drawn in the screenshot either.
- Old downstream bug report where the bug has affected other Gtk3/Wayland applications as well: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1384560
- This issue does affect other Gtk/Wayland applications too, e.g. Firefox (another downstream bug report).
Version information: gtk3-3.24.1-2.fc29.x86_64 glib2-2.58.3-1.fc29.x86_64 clutter-1.26.2-7.fc29.x86_64 clutter-gtk-1.8.4-4.fc29.x86_64 libwayland-client-1.16.0-1.fc29.x86_64 gnome-shell-3.30.2-1.fc29.x86_64 mutter-3.30.2-2.fc29.x86_64 libchamplain-0.12.16-4.fc29.x86_64 cogl-1.22.2-11.fc29.x86_64 cairo-1.16.0-3.fc29.x86_64
This is probably a bug in some library being used by GNOME Maps, but I can't tell which one. Please let me know so I can open a bug report there.