Saving screenshot of area or window to clipboard breaks after display hotplug
Running gnome-flashback at commit e7abb3f4.
I have configured "Copy a screenshot of an area to clipboard" as Ctrl+Shift+PrintScreen and "Copy a screenshot of a window to clipboard" as Ctrl+Alt+PrintScreen in gnome-control-center:
Regular "Copy a screenshot to clipboard" (Ctrl+PrintScreen) works fine.
Steps to reproduce:
- Have gnome-flashback running (e.g., log in to such an environment or do
- (Optional) Take a screenshot of an area or window to clipboard with Ctrl+Shift+PrintScreen or Ctrl+Alt+PrintScreen
- (Optional) Paste the clipboard contents somewhere (e.g., GIMP) to observe it's working fine
- Hot unplug and plug the display (this was done by my KVM switch)
- Take a screenshot of an area or window to clipboard with Ctrl+Shift+PrintScreen or Ctrl+Alt+PrintScreen
- (If area) Try to paste the clipboard contents somewhere (e.g., GIMP) to observe it doesn't load. The
gnome-flashbackprocess also seems to freeze after this and needs to be SIGKILLed
- (If window) The clipboard isn't written to, and instead the screenshot got saved in my home directory