Control center should not start up in sub page
I guess that it is probably considered a feature that gnome-control-center remembers the current page it was on last time you launched it (or perhaps it doesn't really exit when you close the window ?), but this has some negative side effects.
Consider this user experience:
- Had a video chat meeting last night
- People told me my microphone volume was low
- Reached for system settings
- System settings was on the "Devices" page, so the left sidebar showing me sound settings wasn't there
- I just recently upgraded my debian, so I wasn't sure what to expect, maybe I am missing a package ?
- Searched the web hunting down "GNOME mic volume control", found some old irrelevant articles
- Finally today, noticed this "Back" button in the headerbar, clicking it magically reveals the full system settings
It just seems to me rather unintuitive that when you close system settings and open it again, it remains in some deep submenu where you might have left it days ago, instead of immediately presenting you with the main page.