Better keyboard navigation for visually impaired users.
I'm not myself visually impaired, so can't vouch for the accuracy of this report, but I noticed someone complaining here: https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2019/09/gnome-3-34-released-drastically-improved So I've distilled down his points:
- Gnome control centre is not accessible to the blind via screen reader and keyboard.
- Side bar is not accessible at all by keyboard.
- The keyboard focus jumps to random places in settings panel.
- As a result it is impossible to access the settings you need.
- Ctrl+F workaround makes it possible to browse sidebar (but is a pain), but even then the settings itself cannot be accessed.
Edit: This problem affects the totally blind who can't use the mouse and have to use keyboard only (with screen reader). They are presently unable to configure desktop settings because these are not accessible by keyboard alone. That's the gist of the issue.