Improve Wi-Fi hotspot UI
There are various issues with the hotspot experience.
Enable hotspot dialog
- Doesn't allow someone to set the network name
- Doesn't allow someone to set the password
- Some of the text could be better. Uses "you", which is something we try to avoid. The "Wi-Fi hotspots are usually used" is confusing, and makes it unclear what a user should actually use the hotspot for. Are we explaining a feature or not?
- The combination of dim and non-dim text is more confusing than it is helpful.
Panel while hotspot is active
- The visible networks heading and spinner is visible, when it shouldn't be
- Looks a bit odd - it's a big list row, but it's not a list
- A switch is an inappropriate control for disabling the hotspot, since it suggests that you'll be able to turn it back on
Disable hotspot dialog
- Doesn't have a title
- Doesn't explain much; it should probably say that normal Wi-Fi functionality will be restored