gnome-control-center crashes in actualize_printers_list()
Originally reported at https://launchpad.net/bugs/1754924
- From GNOME 3.28.0, click the top right of the screen to open the system status menu.
- Click the gear button at the bottom to open the Settings app.
- In the Settings app, click Devices > Printers.
- Close the Settings app and then use the system status menu to re-open Settings.
- Navigate to the Printers panel.
I can reproduce the crash in both Ubuntu 18.04 and Debian Buster.
This is also reproducible by opening the Settings app from the Activities Overview.
This is not reproducible by running gnome-control-center from the command line.
It's also odd that running gnome-control-center will always open the last opened panel, but running it from either the Activities Overview or from the system status menu will only open the last opened panel if it is not in the Details or Devices submenus. I can open a separate issue for that if you like.
Stack traces are available at the Launchpad bug. Let me know if you want me to attach them here too.