Gnome Contacts should automatically upload changes after CaldDav server is available again
First, thanks for all the work done.
Gnome Contacts is linked to my Nextcloud Server.
- Yesterday, this server was offline.
- I added a phone number to one of my contacts
- Gnome Contacts warned that the change could not be sent to the server
- Today, my Nextcloud server was online again
- Gnome Contacts, even when manually started, did not push the previous changes to Nextcloud
In my opinion, this is an important issue. People expect synchronization to be automatic in a simple case like that. A workaround is to edit the contact again (add a space to the phone number by example) so that Gnome Contacts sends the data to the server, but IMHO this is not a good solution.
Gnome Contacts (or whatever Gnome component) should:
- remember that some contact data could not be sent to the server
- periodically try to send this data to the server, until it succeeds