Drag and drop of time-based events in weekview does not take into account the position of the cursor in the drag source, and the drag target shadow is not representative
Tested with the nightly build. When you drag and drop some time-based event in week view, there are two issues:
- The little target "shadow" (non-filled rectangle) only highlights the subcell (30 mins slot) where the mouse is hovering on
- The floating "dragged" calendar event is not representing the same thing and does not match the target and what happens in practice
To make it clear,
- create a long event (ex: 4-6 hours long) in your week view yesterday (in the past) so that you can see through it with transparency
- put your mouse cursor in the center of the event and start dragging it up/down (earlier/later)
- notice that while you are dragging, the event is shown floating on top of the whole thing, behind that event there is the d&d target's outline showing in what time cell you'll release it... BUT that shadow represents the event's beginning time.
Result: the event gets shifted to the wrong time, because while your mouse cursor was in the middle of the event widget and you were using the event widget itself to assume where it would land, the beginning time of the event (instead of the middle) gets clamped to the drag destination, shifting the whole thing around and leaving the user confused as to what happened.
Other (but related) usability issue: if an event is not in the past, it is not transparent so you can't see sh!t when dragging.
My general recommendation: get rid of the target cell outline thing entirely and rely on the cursor position within the event to shift the event correctly based on what the user actually sees. You may have to slightly round things up/down to "clamp" correcly to the same minutes to compensate the imprecision of pixels/dragging.