Tab behaviour in find-and-replace
Currently, the find-and-replace dialog has these two quirks:
- You need three “Tab” presses to go from the “find” field to the “replace” field, and you also need to press “Shift + Tab” three times to go back.
- When you are at the end of the tab chain (“replace all” active) and press tab one more time, the cursor in the document buffer gets active, if you then press tabs, these tabs get inserted in the document. So here the Tab switches implicitly from a control key to a text input key.
I’d like to propose the following changes (if the above behaviours are not intentional):
- Altering the tab switching so that after the “find” field, the “replace” field gets active.
- If the widget is shrinked to just “find” (instead of find-and-replace), this “replace” field should be skipped (i.e. current behaviour).
- After the “replace all” field, a tab press should switch back to the “find” field.
I illustrated this: