Gimp freezes seemingly at random
GIMP version: GIMP 2.8.22
Operating System: Windows 10 (Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362)
Package: Installed via Chocolatey (a Windows package manager). Version 2.8.22.
Description of the bug
Gimp just freezes and requires task manager to end the process. I have had this freeze happen multiple times under the same circumstances. Typically, the freeze happens within 30 minutes of me using the software.
I'm really sorry but I do not have a solid reproducible. The freezes seem to happen when I have clicked outside of the window into another program and then click back into gimp, giving gimp focus.
A description of what my environment is like and what I am doing.
- Using single window mode.
- 3 .xcf projects and 1 .png image open.
- Switching occasionally between the tabs to change the colour of the paintbrush by using ctrl+left click.
- Paintbrush has maximum stabilisation enabled (smooth stroke -> quality and weight set to max possible values).
- Eraser has maximum stabilisation enabled.
- Making selections with the select tool.
I understand this is not very helpful, I more so want to understand why it's even freezing in the first place. For this reason I have supplied a coredump.
Attached is a coredump of the frozen program gimp-2.8.DMP, taken from windows task manager.