DPI information is not stored in clipboard
GIMP version: GIMP 2.10.6
Operating System: Win7
Package: Installer from gimp.org
Description of the bug
I tried to copy an image from Gimp to LibreOffice Writer. I used Ctrl-C - Ctrl-V for this.
Writer pastes the image in a size that is determined from the number of pixels and it ignores the size I specified in GIMP under Image -> Print Size. If I change the printable size in Gimp and copy-paste it again then the pasted result has the same size in Writer.
However, if I export the two images from GIMP as PNG files then the Insert -> Image function in Writer imports them in the appropriate (different) sizes.
If I open the two PNG files in IrfaView and copy-paste from there into Writer then the image sizes are correct again.
It seems that GIMP simply does not save the DPI information to the clipboard, that's why the Writer has to make a guess based on the number of pixels.
- Create a 100x100 pixel image
- Set the Image -> Print Size to 1 inches in both directions
- Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V the image from Gimp to LibreOFfice Writer (or MS Word, I think)
- Set the Image -> Print Size to 2 inches in both directions
- Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V the image from Gimp to LibreOFfice Writer as another image
I would expect a 1x1 inch image in Writer and a 2x2 incehes.
Writer pastes 2.65x2.65 centimeter images in both cases