seamless texture painting: draw tool "warping across" image border
Submitted by t
Summary and Description:
For painting seamless tileable images for use as textures it would be good to have a checkbox option "warp pointer" in at least pencil and brush tool to have the following behavior activated:
- An image window shows an image
- The zoom level lets the image be smaller than the display area
- A draw is started by starting to hold down the mouse button inside the image area
- A draw is performed by dragging the mouse
- The pointer leaves the display area
- Now, instead of discarding any modification at coordinate x,y occuring outside the drawable area, the modifications should apply to x mod dimx, y mod dimy of the image, i.e. modulo the x resp. y dimensions of the image.
Notes and Reference:
- See blender's UV image editor, paint tool, "warp" button for an implementation of this behavior, where I also took the term "warping" from.
Thanks in advance for any efforts on this and apologies if this already exists and I am unaware of it.