Gimp and Blender combination problem with Edit Images Externally
GIMP version: 2.10
Operating System: Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon (64)
Package: [flatpak? Installer from gimp.org? If another installer, tell us where from] flatpak
Description of the bug
Blender has an option which allows you to Edit Images Externally but such option doesn't work with flatpak 2.10
Please describe your issue with details. Add screenshot or other files if needed.
Normally, with previous versions of Gimp, it was enough to type the path of the executable to launch Gimp directly from Blender (necessary for UV mapping). However, with the flatpak, there is no way to launch Gimp from Blender even if the rights have been modified from Read to Read and Write.
You can see more details here: https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/114828/edit-images-externally-with-linux-mint?noredirect=1#comment201459_114840
Is the bug reproducible? [Always / Randomly / Happened only once ] ALWAYS
- Uninstall previous versions of Gimp
- Install Gimp flatpak as instructed on Gimp.org
- Access root for Gimp executable and change access from Read to Read and Write
- Open Blender/User Preferences/System/Edit Images Externally/ (see 5. 6. and 7. for the paths)
- /usr/bin/gimp (doesn't work)
- flatpak run org.gimp.GIMP//stable (doesn't work)
- flatpak run org.gimp.GIMP (doesn't work) …
Expected result: Launch Gimp directly from blender
Actual result: Gimp doesn't launch
If you have a backtrace for a crash or a warning, paste it here.