Spacing range on Tool Options dialog and Paint Dynamics | Working in odd way
GIMP version: 2.99
Operating System: Linux, Fedora 28, GNOME
Description of the bug
The range provided by the user on Tool Options is used and represented on the Spacing Curve parameter in an odd way.
The Spacing curve in the relation to the range provided by the tool options dialog has these aspects:
- Max and min values are inverted in the Spacing curve graph.
- Max value is independent of the range used on the spacing slider of the Tool Options dialog and if the spacing value is minor or equal to 200% the maximum results always 200%. Or rather, the gain factor is 2.
- When the value used on the Tool Options slider is major than 200% is possible increments and the factor is x2.
- Min value used is the same as tool options slider.
Steps to verify it
- Use a parametric hard round brush with size = 100 px;
- Paint Dynamics with only spacing enabled with pressure or velocity parameters enabled;
- Make a constant curve and use it along the Y axis between min y=0 and max y=1;
- When the curve is on the bottom of the graph, y=0, we have the max spacing range working;
- When the curve is on the top of the graph, y=1, we have the min spacing range working.
- Have the minimum and maximum values on the spacing graph coincident with y=0 and y=1, respectively.
- Have the 'max value coincident always'* with the value provided by the user or by brush (default settings) on the tool options dialog.
(*) Is possible to think/discuss a rule less rigid but not so as the current rule because is not usable to modeling digital painting issues.