Inconsistency between FG color and selected color in palette views despite selected color being in the currently selected pallette.
GIMP version: 2.10.4
Operating System: Windows 10
Package: Installer from gimp.org
Description of the bug
When picking a foreground color from the canvas despite it being a valid color that appears in the currently selected palette if the picked color's hex code does not entirely consist of 00 and FF values it will not appear as selected in either the Palette Editor dock or the Palette view in the FG/BG Color dock.
This happens regardless of whether the image is in RGB or indexed mode and regardless of whether there are multiple instances of the same color in the currently selected palette. (A colour that has a hex code that does only consist of 00 and FF values will still be selected correctly in either of these occasions)
Is the bug reproducible? Randomly (Rarely it works correctly but in most sessions it doesn't function)
- Create new image with a white background
- Open palettes dock and select a palette
- Open Palette Editor dock
- Select a color that's hex code does not consist of solely 00 and FF values and set it to the FG color
- Draw with pencil tool
- Color pick white background setting it to the FG color (noting that in the palette view it does become selected)
- Attempt to color pick (and set to FG Color) the pixels drawn with the pencil tool.
Color used is set to FG color. FG color is shown as selected in the palette view.
Color used is set to FG color. Previous colour (White in this case) is still shown as selected in the palette view.